Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken wiki vandalized yet again

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken wiki vandalized yet again
Date: 07 Nov 2006 23:10:56 -0200

Hello Nelson,

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 19:27:56 -0500 "Nelson Castillo" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Maybe freezing only the main page, as John suggests, is a good
> > solution, since it's the most affected by spammers and not frequently
> > intentionally modified.  Would a plain "svn lock" do the trick?
>
>   svn ps "svnwiki:frozen" "" index
>
> Will do the trick. Files with this property set cannot be edited via
> web. Only via subversion.

Thanks for the tip!

I've set the index page to "svnwiki:frozen" as an attempt to minimize
spam, since the index page is the most affected one.  I don't think
it's the best solution, but since the wiki index has been "defaced" at
least once a day, it's ok until we find a better alternative.

People who have write access to galinha's subversion can edit the page
through the canonical svn client.  Folks that don't have write access
and want to change something, please, contact somebody who has write
access (or just send a message to the mailing list).

Best wishes,
Mario