Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues

From: elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:30:17 -0500 (EST)

oops, forgot configure parameters.  ive tried it with the following flags and
most of their permutations, and the only one the egg doesnt crash on
immediately is  --enable-tempstore=yes
(thats both before and after changing the extensions handling, which imho there
should be some kind of compile-time error about, if they cant load?)

./configure --enable-threadsafe --enable-cross-thread-connections
--enable-threads-override-locks --enable-releasemode --enable-tempstore=yes
(after fixing
their broken compile script which doesnt distinguish between 'yes' and
'always)

hope this helps.  sorry if im sounding grumpy.  it just started raining and
im stuck in meetings all day :)

-elf

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Thomas Christian Chust wrote:

> elf wrote:
>
> > if sqlite3 itself is compiled in threadsafe mode, the egg will cause
> > an immediate crash. [...]
>
> Oops. On which system does it do that, which versions of SQLite3,
> CHICKEN and GCC are you using and what were the exact parameters to
> SQLite3's configure script?
>
> My personal installations of SQLite3 are all compiled threadsafe and so
> far I have not experienced any problems with my SQLite3 <-> CHICKEN
> binding on MinGW32, Linux and MacOS X -- but of course that doesn't
> prove everything is fine, it just makes me more surprised ;-)
>
> cu,
> Thomas

-----
Humans always do the most intelligent thing after every stupid alternative
has failed.                   -- R. Buckminster Fuller

A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in G-d.
                              -- Alan Perlis