Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:29:03 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, elf wrote:

> heres the files with the modifications i made to get it to work right.  i
> also removed the need to install the scm file cause there are no syntax
> macros anymore, and got rid of the initialize fucntion which always yelped
> because it was overriding things, and various other shtuff.  hope this helps.

Hello,

well, it was completely unnecessary to install the .scm file in the egg
repository in the first place, this wouldn't have needed any
modifications. It's my fault that the install command included the source
file, but the file would just lie around in the egg repository and do
nothing, because the extension was never marked as syntax.

Removing my own enumeration support macros and replacing them with the
builtin ones may be a good idea -- my own macros come from a time when the
CHICKEN builtin ones behaved completely differently and I didn't like
their behaviour. But then again, as that change does not improve
performance I tend to not change a running system.

Finally, removing the initialize function or not exporting it is probably
a bad idea. It is strictly necessary to get working pointers into the
wrapper objects and all hell in the form of random segfaults and the like
may break loose if you remove it. If the code still works without this
function, that's a pure coincidence. The warning emitted by the compiler
seems to be a necessary evil ;-)

Considering everything, I can't see that you have made any significant
change in the source or compiler flags. If it works after the changes I
don't see a reason why it shouldn't have worked before. The egg also still
runs fine on my machine and a test box running Linux, both with an updated
SQLite3 installation and unmodified egg source.

Sorry, but I'm totally clueless as to what is causing your problems :-(

cu,
Thomas