Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues

From: elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sqlite3 issues
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 04:47:30 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Thomas Christian Chust wrote:

> elf wrote:
>
> > erm... the require-extension area is commented out, iirc.
> > and its oke to have (use blah) outside of a declare along with a (uses)
> > inside....
>
> Hello,
>
> the answer is "no" twice -- you commented out require-extension but
> replaced it by a series of use statements, which are nothing but
> synonyms for require-extension statements. And using both
> require-extension and a uses declaration on the same symbol makes no
> sense in any normal situation.

i think require-extension changed format or something, because the way that
it was defined in sqlite3 is not the same as ive seen it elsewhere.
futhermore, as you yourself said, uses doesnt do compiletime checking.  putting
the use in front of the declare forces checking without impacting anything
else.

> > i just ran the compile again on my box, and it worked fine... this is
> > indeed odd.  what versions of glibc, gcc, chicken, and sqlite3 are you
> > testing against?
>
> My primary development environment is MacOS X 10.4.8. I'm running a
> Darwin kernel version 8.8.0, the libSystem is version 88.1.7, my
> standard compiler is GCC version 4.0.1, my installed CHICKEN is version
> 2.503 compiled from the darcs head and I've installed SQLite3 version 3.3.8.
>
> I'm also usually testing in a SuSE Linux environment currently running
> kernel 2.6.13-15.12-smp. the libc is glibc version 2.3.5, the standard
> compiler is GCC 4.0.2 and the CHICKEN and SQLite3 versions are the same
> as on my home machine.

this could be either a glibc or a gcc problem, then.  im running a later version
of glibc, and gcc im still using the 3 series since the 4 series i have had
major stability and reliability issues with.

-elf

> cu,
> Thomas

-----
Humans always do the most intelligent thing after every stupid alternative
has failed.                   -- R. Buckminster Fuller

A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in G-d.
                              -- Alan Perlis