Re: [Chicken-users] how to set up xemacs for (use regex)

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how to set up xemacs for (use regex)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:33:31 +0100

On 12/14/06, HP Wei <address@hidden> wrote:

machine: solaris with SunOS
chicken version: 2.5

In the shell,
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=the_path_to_chicken_lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and invoking csi ....

#;1> (use regex)

--------------- this is fine.

However, I then invoked xemacs and did the following:

(require 'cmuscheme)
(setq scheme-program-name "the_path_to_csi")

M-x run-scheme

and then in the chicken REPL,

#;1> (use regex)
Error: (load-library) unable to load library
regex
"ld.so.1: csi: fatal: libchicken.so: open failed: No such file or
directory"

Apparently your libchicken is not in the library path when running
a subprocess from xemacs. You could set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
globally. Also, something like this works in my GNU emacs:

(setenv "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" "...")

(after that running an inferior scheme process seems to pick up the
variable)

Or:

#!/bin/sh
# runcsi
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<path-to-lib> <path-to-csi>

And set scheme-program-name to the name of this script.