Re: [Chicken-users] Subversion support misguided IMHO

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Subversion support misguided IMHO
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:32:42 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 03:15:00PM -0800, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> The Subversion dump could track change information.
> But the real issue is whether Peter is sufficiently interested in this
> to dig into it.

I don't know how much work it is for Felix to keep the svn up-to-date.
Releasing snapshots on a regular basis is good enough for me, I basically
use release versions of Chicken anyway.  The point isn't that *I* can't
use darcs, the point is that darcs doesn't work on all platforms, so
"forcing" people to use darcs is not a smart move.
As long as the egg repository stays subversion, I will be happy.
But I still don't understand why Chicken as a project has to use two
different versioning systems (or two separate repositories for eggs
& chicken, for that matter).

                                                        -- Donald Knuth