Re: [Chicken-users] Wierd behaviour of process.

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wierd behaviour of process.
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:51:32 -0500

On 1/15/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 1/15/07, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can't just drop this in an egg, though; the definintion of
> ##sys#process-wait is not public, and your compile will fail. Add it
> to posixuinx.scm in your Chicken source tree, and then rebuild and
> reinstall Chicken. That's a bit extreme, I suppose. :-) But perhaps a
> build-guru on the list has a way to build this as a normal extension.

##sys#process-wait is private, but not hidden. You can access it from
user code without problems.

Are you sure, Felix? Maybe I'm doing something wrong here:

;;;; mypw.scm
(use posix)
(define my-process-wait
 (lambda args
   (let-optionals* args ([pid #f] [nohang #f])
                   (let ([pid (or pid -1)])
                     (##sys#check-exact pid 'process-wait)
                     (receive [epid enorm ecode] (##sys#process-wait
pid nohang)
                       (if (fx= epid -1)
                           (values #f #f #f)
                           (values epid enorm ecode) ) ) ) ) ) )

;;; -- end of file

address@hidden:/tmp$ csc -s mypw.scm
address@hidden:/tmp$ csi

 ___| |    _)      |

Version 2.5 - linux-unix-gnu-x86 - [ libffi dload ptables applyhook ]
(c)2000-2006 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;1> (use mypw)
#;2> (my-process-wait 2)
Error: unbound variable: ##sys#process-wait

Not that it really matters. :-)
--Graham