Re: [Chicken-users] other leading Schemes

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] other leading Schemes
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:18:40 -0500

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> How many other Schemes out there would be considered "leading products"
> or "principal competition?"  I will define this as Scheme communities
> that are larger than Chicken, with more developers and mindshare.

Most serious Scheme programmers use multiple Schemes according to
interest, convenience, or necessity.  Different versions have
different strengths and weaknesses and are not really in competition;
you are not going to get much by trying to cannibalize users of
other versions.

--
LEAR: Dost thou call me fool, boy?      John Cowan
FOOL: All thy other titles              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan