Re: [Chicken-users] other leading Schemes

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] other leading Schemes
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:50:57 +0100

On 2/2/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/1/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
> How many other Schemes out there would be considered "leading products"
> or "principal competition?"  I will define this as Scheme communities
> that are larger than Chicken, with more developers and mindshare.  It
> seems like the list might be:
>
> - PLT Scheme
> - Gambit Scheme
>
> Anyone think there's another Scheme worth adding?

Kawa and Guile, I'd say.

Gauche also has a relatively active community and mailing list around
it, though I suspect there's a lot more going on in Japanese than in
English.

For the über-hackers hanging out in #scheme on IRC, Scheme 48 seems to
be a relatively popular target for experimentation and hacking.

Personally, I mostly use Chicken and Gambit-C at present.

--
Arto Bendiken | address@hidden | http://bendiken.net/