Re: [Chicken-users] cool 3d logo by Joshua Griffith

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cool 3d logo by Joshua Griffith
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 04:02:17 +0100 (CET)

> Alejo wrote:
>
> > On 2/20/07, Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > >Can you specify what you mean by 'a Page Index'?
> > >
> > >A list with the names of absolutely all pages in the wiki, sorted
> > >alphabetically?
> > >

> >     Yes.
>
> I'd be inclined to believe such functionality should -not- be
> provided by a wiki system.

Me too.

However something similar should be there.  Once I thought a wiki is
something like a mind map.  So the link structure should be available
somehow.

For the (minimalistic) wiki I wrote for askemos, a page is generated,
which depicts the context of the page.  That is those pages linked
from the current page, those linking to the current page and for each
of those (linked and linking) pages the next "generation"
linked/linking pages.

Example:
http://www.askemos.org/A849640f672ed0df0958abc0712110f3c/PHP?template=context

Here this is presented as a simple table, where the "current" page
would be right in the middle.  Two columns right and left.

Still this can easily get out of control:
http://www.askemos.org/A849640f672ed0df0958abc0712110f3c/XML?template=context

What I always wanted to do, but never got around to actually
implement, was using graphviz http://www.graphviz.org/ or alike to
draw that as an SVG with links to the pages...  but I'd love it.

Nevertheless, for a wiki, I believe, the picture should always be cut
down around a "focus page".

/Joerg