Re: [Chicken-users] Re: [Chicken-hackers] egg-post-commit

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: [Chicken-hackers] egg-post-commit
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 21:08:22 +0000

> I think it would be preferable to use a tagged version. That way you can
> commit as much as you wont and the auto-upload script will only
> check the latest tagged version for changes.

Yeah, I agree with this:

egg-post-commit should only automatically upload an egg if (1) it
detects a change in the directory for the egg's latest release and (2)
the egg's directory doesn't have the 'autoupdate' Subversion property
set to 'no'.

The directory for an egg's latest release would be:

1. If the egg has a 'tags' directory,

1.1. If the 'tags' directory has a 'latest' property set to 'foo',
the directory is 'tags/foo'.

1.2. Otherwise, the directory under 'tags' corresponding to the
greatest version number.

2. The egg's directory.

I would like to encourage egg authors to use the 'trunk', 'branches',
'tags' structure, I think it makes things easier. :-)

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/