[Chicken-users] easyffi virtual=0 methods

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: [Chicken-users] easyffi virtual=0 methods
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:11:44 -0300

Hi all,

suppose I have a C++ class FM with some pure/abstract/virtual=0 (you
choose) methods that I want to expose to chicken via easyffi. This class
has a constructor, to be used by its concrete subclasses (and I'm not
the owner of the code, so avoiding ctors in abstract classes is a nono).
The trouble is that even if I mark the class as ___abstract, easyffi is
trying to instantiate it someway, so I get an error report from the g++
compiler, something like:

/site/install/stk-4.2.1/include/FM.h:36: note:   because the following
virtual functions are pure within ‘FM’:
/site/install/stk-4.2.1/include/Instrmnt.h:27: note:    virtual void
Instrmnt::noteOn(StkFloat, StkFloat)
/site/install/stk-4.2.1/include/FM.h:88: note:  virtual StkFloat
FM::computeSample()
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: g++ fmscm.cpp -o
fmscm.o -c -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H -Os -fomit-frame-pointer
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-uninitialized
-DC_ENABLE_PTABLES -DC_NO_PIC_NO_DLL
-I /data1/install/chicken-2.518/include/
-I/site/install/stk-4.2.1/include

I could comment out the ctor and then things go fine, but I lose the
chance to invoke this ctor from tinyclos concrete subclasses... don't I?

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Carlos

Pregunt�. Respond�. Descubr�.
Todo lo que quer�as saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
est� en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
�Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas