Re: [Chicken-users] howto return a list from a c-function

From: foobar
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] howto return a list from a c-function
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:30:29 +0200

felix winkelmann schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Since this (returning string lists) appears to be requested
> fairly often, I have added a new foreign result type to
> the current darcs head (2.607): the type "c-string-list"
> expects a "char **" results and returns a list of strings.
> The string array returned from C should be terminated
> by a NUILL pointer.

Great. In the meanwhile i worked around the problem.
As i knew the size of the array of char*, i introduced a new
helper-procedure `word-at` which delivered the char* at
the specified index.
This procedure was then used to accumulate the words
inside an ordenary scheme-procedure using  `word-at`.

I'll replace this once i update chicken.

Thanks and greets