Re: [Chicken-users] build irritations on windows xp

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] build irritations on windows xp
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 05:13:31 +0200

On 4/22/07, bryan rasmussen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey,

I recently had to do some cleaning on my system, I am sitting here
with some time for some programming and trying to get Chicken running
again. Not going good for recompiling. Get half of the way in any
compile but get thrown by PCRE, this is the case using MSys, MingGW,
and Open Watcom. From OpenWatcom the error report starts with:

[...]

any help on these?

Sergey Khorev started trying to get chicken with Open Watcom to work,
but it turned out to be pretty hard. We had some issues fixed, but there
still were loads of problems with dynamic linking (IIRC). So consider
Open Watcom currently unsupported.

by the way, didn't there used to be a Windows binary on the front page
of the Chicken Scheme site?

Yes, but we removed it - since the installation path is compiled into the
executables, one has to build chicken from source.