[Chicken-users] Passing parameters to C

From: William Ramsay
Subject: [Chicken-users] Passing parameters to C
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 07:32:57 -0400

Hi,

I'm still fairly new at Scheme and trying to do something quite difficult, which brings me up short every now and then.

I'm working with Gtk and easyFFI. What I need to do is pass a parameter into a C function and get the same parameter passed back to me from C. (I have a series of similar color buttons and want to know which button was pressed - so I pass in the button number and will determine which one it was when I get the signal back) The problem is that parameters are passed by value in Scheme and C expects to get a pointer. On the return signal I get an error that the value being returned is not a pointer.

Can anyone explain how I pass a pointer from Scheme into C. Oddly enough #f is treated as a pointer, but nothing else seems to be.

Thanks,

Bill