Re: [Chicken-users] SVN Account for SO(3,1) Group Manipulation Egg?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SVN Account for SO(3,1) Group Manipulation Egg?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 09:46:16 +0200

On 5/3/07, Will M Farr <address@hidden> wrote:
John,

> I'm a little unhappy with the generic nature of the names "matrix"
> and "params", as one might be using some other matrix package at
> the same time.

That's originally why I put it into a syntax-case module---can't
people import that module with a prefix or something if they want?

I think this is only possible using some deep syntax-case hacks.
But the lexically scoped import form is usually enough for limiting
the amount of namespace pollution.

Do you think I should still put some prefix (SO31-... I imagine) on
the code, or is using syntax-case renaming good enough?

I think a syntax-case module is sufficient and keeps the names readable.
As I said, syntax-case allows for very flexible importing at the lexical
level, so I don't think this is an issue.

BTW, Thanks for your contributions!