Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names

From: Brandon Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 17:02:48 -0400

On 5/17/07, Brandon Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/17/07, Shawn W. < address@hidden > wrote:

On May 15, 2007, at 7:35 AM, Brandon Van Every wrote:

> At a first go, read INSTALL-CMake.txt and try to build Chicken on
> your Mac OS X.  Then see the bugtracker ticket I've just added
> about universal binaries.   http://trac.callcc.org/ticket/214

I wouldn't expect the current CMake build to generate universal binaries just by adding flags.  Currently we use a TRY_RUN with CStackGrowsDownward.c, and this should cause disaster when cross-compiling.  This is noted in the ticket about universal binaries above.

I wouldn't expect the Automake build to perform any better either, as once upon a time I lifted the CStackGrowsDownward.c code from Automake's output.  It probably uses the same try-run mechanism to determine the results.  And if it doesn't, I'd like to know how, so that CMake can copy it.  Can you actually make a universal binary with Automake?  With XCode?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every