Re: [Chicken-users] busy-wait in tcp-connect

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] busy-wait in tcp-connect
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:08:40 +0300

While we're on the topic, I find Chicken's lightweight-threads and
srfi-18 compatible streams incredibly useful. However, it's a pity that
only unit tcp (and the (process) function) can create such streams.

I assume you mean streams that block the current thread on I/O, yes?
That shouldn't be a problem as long as you have an fd and can make it
non-blocking.

Yes, streams that block the current thread on I/O. Are you saying that I can already create such streams from an fd? How?

Cheers,
Dan