Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and stalin

From: Dan Muresan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and stalin
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:56:31 +0300

This goes far beyond games on Windows.  This is about people
completely wasting their time on projects that, if they have no
academic context, are completely worthless.  I've gone bankrupt
chasing nonsense.  I have delusions of grandeur that I *might* save
some young buck from his/her utter cluelessness in the face of
industrial reality.

Brandon, your penchant for getting involved in long, useless polemics is NOT a quality. Also, you may want to be more cautious when judging the difficulty level of various software platforms, especially when you haven't really tried using them.

I think it's pretty well established that Stalin (and Gambit?) are faster than Chicken, but Chicken has a much better ecosystem (community, libraries etc). If you see people interested in Stalin, I'm pretty sure they know the deal they're getting. You're not adding value by trying to convince them otherwise; and they certainly won't appreciate your suggestion that you know better what's good for them.

Let's stick to discussions that provide value to all participants. Keep in mind that when you feel like belaboring a random point to death, you can always reply in private.

P.S. All this talk of Stalin has made me curious; is there a page documenting Stalin's limitations / standard adherence? If it's just the lack of syntax-rules support, that can be worked around with the help of Alexpander.

Zdravstvuite,
Dan