Re: [Chicken-users] a file system using Chicken

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] a file system using Chicken
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 07:57:33 +0200

On 6/11/07, Dan Muresan <address@hidden> wrote:
Mario discovered that his problems were (most likely) due to an unstable
url egg. As of now, there are no other active complaints about duggfs
not building. Hopefully this will stay true :)

It works for me now too. Incredible!

A few of you have mentioned their past interest in using Scheme for a
filesystem. Out of curiosity, what ideas did you guys have in mind?

Endless things. Like,

- accessing a running scheme program over the filesystem (read globals,
 call functions/evaluate code)
- Scheme-level nfs, so to speak - network interaction over the filesystem,
 tuplespaces, blablabla...
- Using the file-system to interact with Scheme processes would open up
 completely new ways for shell programming

Well, I don't know! But I want it! WANT IT WANT IT WANT IT!!!