Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within

From: Alex Queiroz
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Noob question: (re)compile FFI-accessing code within REPL
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:15:15 -0300

Hallo,

On 7/2/07, Martin Percossi <address@hidden> wrote:

In that case, I have a few questions regarding your setup:
- are you using free compiler tools or MS?

    I am using MinGW's GCC, binutils, make etc.

- if you use free compiler tools, do you use msys, or just MinGW?

    Just MinGW.

- what build file did you use in CMake -- msys or MinGW?

    I've chosen "MinGW Makefiles".

- where did you install msys/MinGW? As I mentioned, I put msys in
C:\msys\1.0, and put MinGW in C:\mingw. Is that ok?

    My installation directories too.

- did you just install MSYS and MinGW using .exe installers? Or did you
do the install "by hand" -- i.e. unarchiving the various tarballs on the
MinGW downlad site? What other packages were required?

    I got the tarballs:

+ binutils
+ gcc-core
+ w32api
+ mingw32-make
+ mingw32-runtime
+ mingw32-utils

- are you compiling and generally "doing things" from the MSYS terminal,
or from a CMD.EXE window?

    From a CMD.EXE window.

- when I try to compile using chicken-setup inside MSYS, I get "gcc
could not create output file" -- or something like that (I'm at work
now, so don't have my windows box near me).  When I run in CMD.EXE I get
problems with untarring and unzipping the egg file. Have you seen
similar errors? Are you aware of workarounds?

    You must grab gzip and tar for Windows. You can get them at
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

Personally, I have a c:\devtools directory hierarchy (bin, lib,
include etc.) with lots of useful tools and libraries.

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

    Hope this helps,

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/