Re: [Chicken-users] Bundling chicken.

From: Robin Lee Powell
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bundling chicken.
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:04:27 -0700

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 10:07:00AM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 08:25:16AM +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
> > On 7/15/07, Robin Lee Powell <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >I've got an app that is almost 1.0 ready.  I've seen the page
> > >on what C files you have to bundle to allow things to be
> > >compiled by people that don't have Chicken, but what I'm
> > >unclear on is what you have to do to allow people to run an app
> > >that includes eggs. Can anyone give me pointers?
> >
> > What eggs are you using for the app?
>
> (use xmms2client)
> (use lolevel)
> (use srfi-1)
> (use fmt)
> (use cdk)
> (use utils)
>
> Two of those (cdk and xmms2client) are my own, which I'm intending
> to release as part of this.
> but should be easy to build on if people ask for things.  The
> xmms2 xmmsclient binding is fairly complete.

They're also the ones I'm having trouble with:

Error: (require) can not load extension: xmms2client

If I take (use xmms2client) out of cluck.scm, that error goes away,
but that seems far from ideal.

I'm compiling them with:

    csc -E -t -I/usr/include/xmms2/ -X easyffi xmms2client.scm

Then I'm linking the whole bundle together with:

    gcc -I/usr/include/xmms2/ -I/usr/include/cdk/ -lpcre -lxmmsclient -lcdk
    -lncurses -lm -O2 all-music.o bindings.o cdk.o chicken-eval.o
    chicken-extras.o chicken-library.o chicken-lolevel.o
    chicken-posixunix.o chicken-regex.o chicken-runtime.o
    chicken-scheduler.o chicken-srfi-14.o chicken-srfi-18.o
    chicken-srfi-1.o chicken-srfi-4.o chicken-utils.o cluck.o
    clucklib.o collections.o menu.o playlists.o status.o
    xmms2client.o -o cluck

cluck.o has main().

At the top of the xmms2client.scm I have:

    (declare (unit xmms2client))
    (register-feature! 'xmms2client)

(and analagously for cdk).

Suggestions?

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/