Re: [Chicken-users] Signal woes.

From: Robin Lee Powell
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Signal woes.
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:53:38 -0700

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 02:42:18AM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> In practice, longjmp is not a problem either, though that's not an
> option in Chicken. Most signal handlers just set a global variable
> to 1 and return.

Which is completely unacceptable here because I need to update
status for the user while the main thread is sitting at wgetch.

Like I said, what I have (don't handle SIGALRM whilst actually doing
anything important) does work.  Since I'm going to have to bundle
CDK into my app to fix a bug, though, I may hack CDK's main loop to
avoid the interrupts.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/