Re: [Chicken-users] Statically linkable eggs request

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Statically linkable eggs request
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:49:09 +0900

  Like Thomas Chust pointed out, ranlib on Mac OS X doesn't like being
run on object files. So you get errors like in the transcript below. I
don't know if this is easy to fix, and I don't have any use for static
linking, so I would much prefer that there is an option in
chicken-setup that disables static libraries altogether.

          -Ivan

$ chicken-setup numbers
The extension numbers does not exist.
Do you want to download it ? (yes/no/abort) [yes] yes
downloading numbers.egg from (www.call-with-current-continuation.org eggs 80)
  gunzip -c ../numbers.egg | tar xf -
  /opt/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -s -O2 -d1 numbers-base.scm
-lgmp -D numbers-bootstrap -check-imports -emit-exports numbers.exports -extend
easyffi
  /opt/local/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -O2 -d1 numbers-base.scm -c
-D numbers-bootstrap -unit numbers -o numbers-static.o -extend easyffi
  rm -fr /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-base.so
  cp -r numbers-base.so /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-base.so
  chmod a+r /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-base.so
  cp -r numbers.scm /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers.scm
  chmod a+r /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers.scm
  cp -r numbers-compiler-macros.scm
/opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-compiler-macros.scm
  chmod a+r /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-compiler-macros.scm
  cp -r numbers-static.o /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-static.o
  chmod a+r /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-static.o
  ranlib /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-static.o
ranlib: file: /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-static.o is not an archive
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"ranlib /opt/local/lib/chicken/1x/numbers-static.o"
1