[Chicken-users] Installing as non-root fails with Chicken 2.732

From: Tero Kukola
Subject: [Chicken-users] Installing as non-root fails with Chicken 2.732
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:19:25 +0200

I tried to install chicken to my home directory:
make PLATFORM=linux PREFIX=/home/tero/chicken install

Seems that the installation script assumes locations that require root/sudo:
install -m644 /home/tero/chicken/share/info
install-info  --infodir=/home/tero/chicken/share/info
* Chicken: ( A compiler that translates Scheme source files into
install-info( no file /home/tero/chicken/share/info/dir, retrieving backup file /var/backups/infodir.bak.
cp: cannot create regular file `/var/backups/infodir.bak': Permission denied
install-info( could not backup /home/tero/chicken/share/info/dir in /var/backups/infodir.bak: No such file or directory
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tero/Desktop/chicken-2.732'

Tero Kukola