[OT] Re: [Chicken-users] Strange observation: Chicken, C, C++: Joe Avera

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [OT] Re: [Chicken-users] Strange observation: Chicken, C, C++: Joe Average does benchmarking
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:39:51 +0100

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 09:50:35PM +0100, Siegfried Gonzi wrote:
> hello: He wait before you now start out flaming me please note: I am not in
> numerical analysis in any way but I wrote my phd in physics more or less with
> the help of Bigloo and some radiative tranfer codes (my simulations took many
> days on our work stations). And now I am post doc and we run big models for
> many days on clusters. So I am well aware what 'calculation in the big means'.

I would kindly like to ask you /not/ to start new topics/threads on
the list by replying to messages from previous topics/threads.
Replying to a message causes mailclients to insert an 'In-reply-to'
header which says "this message is a reply to this other message".

Some mailclients understand this header and use it to show a threaded
view of a mailinglist.  If you start a new thread by replying to an
old message the new thread gets filed under the old thread's tree.
This is very confusing because this makes the discussion hard to
follow.

The solution is simple: just press 'create new message' when starting
a new thread.

Thank you,
Peter
--