Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Debian slander?
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:14:06 -0500

Peter Busser scripsit:

> I would get rid of the words that add little or no real value, like
> "highly" in the above sentence.

[snip]

> I think that the community not only fixes bugs and contributes
> libraries, but also provides support.

Okay.  Next version:

Chicken combines an optimising Scheme compiler with a reasonably
fast interpreter.  It supports most of R5RS and the important SRFIs.
The compiler generates portable C code and supports tail recursion,
first-class continuations, and lightweight threads, and the interface to
and from C code is easy to use.  The interpreter allows interactive use,
fast prototyping, debugging, and scripting.  Extensive documentation
is supplied.  The active and helpful Chicken community fixes bugs,
provides support, and has contributed hundreds of Chicken libraries that
make the programmer's task easier.

> Are there any notable free software (or otherwise) projects in which Chicken
> plays an important role?

I don't know.

--
John Cowan              address@hidden          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
C'est la` pourtant que se livre le sens du dire, de ce que, s'y conjuguant