Re: [Chicken-users] Comprehensive documentation rewrite

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Comprehensive documentation rewrite
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:34:02 -0500

On 12 Feb 2008 15:54:32 -0200, Mario Domenech Goulart
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Tobia,
>
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:37:36 +0100 Tobia Conforto <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> > > Would it be integrated to the wiki system?
> >
> > How much and what kind of integration do we need?
>
> It would be nice if a regular user could edit the documentation like
> he/she would do with the current wiki system.

In our audience, a regular user might not be averse to editing a
sexpr. I really like the wiki philosophy, but I confess I'd much
rather do semantic markup with sexprs than somewhat arbitrary wiki
tags. I have good tools for navigating sexprs. ;-)

Most developers are already working in the svn repo. I would be more
inclined to edit my egg's wiki page in the repo, rather than through
the Web interface. Given that, the wiki really becomes more of a place
for comments and typographic corrections, which might be better suited
to a formal "comments" section at the bottom of the egg's
documentation page. Personally, I've never modified the documentation
of someone else's egg; perhaps if I saw a typo, but even then I would
contact the author, in case they kept the documentation in a secondary
form.