Re: [Chicken-users] Topics and a main index (was: egg documentation)

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Topics and a main index (was: egg documentation)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:33:06 +0100

Graham Fawcett wrote:
it could be handled in a cascading fashion. A tag on the egg would suffice, but a tag on the procedure could enhance or override it.

My thoughts precisely.

Perhaps, but it would make a nice hackathon job: if the mechanism is there, someone could zip through an egg's doc and tag a few dozen specialized procedures.

I'm sure I would do it, if nothing else to find obscure procedures easily again, using the topic indices.

I agree that in general an egg-level tag is enough; but there are lots of corner cases. Procedure level tags should be optional, but could be useful.

Useful especially for tagging the builtin units and other "grab bags" of miscellaneous procedures.

Tobia