Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg documentation
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:09:45 -0800

On Feb 21, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Graham Fawcett wrote:

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Alejandro Forero Cuervo
<address@hidden> wrote:
Is that possible, given that reading the Scheme file may require
custom syntax?

 It may not be possible to do it reliably, but if we get just 50% of
the cases right, that's an improvement. I suspect with some lovin' we
 should be able to get 90% or so.  :-)

I agree, love is the answer. ;-)

Some day, we might want to offer an alternate way of marking which
procs should be indexed, or providing a formal exports list, like the
(declare ) form but for interpreted files as well. That would cover
the cases where automated indexing is intractable. But yes, 50% is a
good target for a first attempt.

It should get 100% of the global symbols. What I can't do reliably is get the define syntax forms. The expanded syntax that defines global symbols though is caught.

Graham