Re: [Chicken-users] Vim syntax file for svnwiki

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Vim syntax file for svnwiki
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:24:48 -0701

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 08:05:26PM -0800, Vincent Manis wrote:

> On 2008 Feb 25, at 17:11, Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:
>
> >>I just wrote a Vim syntax file for svnwiki, mainly to learn how to
> >>write a Vim syntax file :-) and to help editing Wiki pages too.
> >
> >Thank you, Tobia, I can't wait to begin using it! :-)
> >
> >Care to send it to the Vim-people (I don't know if these days you're
> >supposed to send it to their mailing list or directly to Bram or what)
> >so it gets included with the official Vim releases?
>
> Can I ask one of you Vim people to go to the draft of the revised
> Chapter
> 1 at http://chicken.wiki.br/new-chapter1, and say something more about
> using
> Vim with Chicken (it will be in the section on Development Environments,
> you can replace the sentence about how :q! is the only vi command I
> know :-).
>
> I'm working on a document on GNU Emacs and Chicken, and I think a
> similar
> vim-based document would be really valuable.

I think there is a lot more than this to say about writing scheme
code in Vim, which means that the following would need to be edited
into a large document, but I'll throw it in to get started[1]:

  At a minimum, your .vimrc file should contain the following
  commands:

  <++> .vimrc
  "automatically indent a new line to the same indentation of the
  "previous line.  This makes it easier to work with a single block
  "of code.
  set autoindent

  "when you type a closing parenthesis, momentarily highlight the
  "matching opening parenthesis.  This allows you to quickly see
  "which function you are closing while typing code.
  set showmatch
  <-->

-Alan

[1]: I don't have wiki access, but have just sent a request for such
     per the instructions on [wiki:svn checkout].