Re: [Chicken-users] libuchicken/libchicken

From: Todd Ingalls
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libuchicken/libchicken
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:03:38 -0700

Thanks felix!

On Mar 30, 2008, at 1:15 PM, felix winkelmann wrote:

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Todd Ingalls <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
I am on macosx 10.5 . I was wondering, what is suppose to be the
difference between libchicken and libuchicken? Thanks.

libuchicken is a version of the runtime libraries compiled in
"unsafe" mode, where most runtime-checks are disabled.
When you compile and link something with csc and the "-unsafe- libraries",
then this runtime library is used. Don't use it, unless you are
really desperate for speed.