Re: [Chicken-users] thread-sleep! using milliseconds->time is broken

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] thread-sleep! using milliseconds->time is broken
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 22:52:34 -0400

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:
> Graham,
>
>  There is a thread entitled "thread-sleep! for less than a second" from 12 Jan
>  2007 which discusses this issue.  Basically it was an either/or thing and the
>  current way won.  I just was not aware of the proper usage.  I used Daishi's
>  shorter solution and just made a local procedure in the egg.

I'm glad it worked out, Jim. I was just a bit put off by all the
arithmetic you had to go through, to effect a simple thread-sleep.

I still think I might suggest a microsecond-sleep routine be added to
srfi-18 (our srfi-18 already has extensions from the spec, one more
couldn't hurt!).

Best wishes,
Graham