Re: [Chicken-users] Good way to code the equivalent to this?

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Good way to code the equivalent to this?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:22:17 -0700

Thanks all for the various workarounds. The ones I understand I will
try. The others I'll study :-)

My test results were as follows (this is  with 300,000 entries -
closer to what my current problem is hitting):

chicken: ~16 secs (when it didn't crash)
stk:        ~17 secs
ruby:      ~1.3 secs
perl:       ~0.7 secs

By the by the tactic of loading lots of data into a hierarchy of hash
arrays and then extracting the needed pieces in a myriad of ways,
sometimes on the fly in a meeting with management nervously looking on
:-) has been tremendously useful for me. I for one am hoping that
there are faster hash tables in the future of chicken.