Re: [Chicken-users] ##sys#timeout-list

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ##sys#timeout-list
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:07:26 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 09.09.2008, 08:55 +0200 schrieb felix winkelmann:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Jörg F. Wittenberger
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > But I still wonder, whether it's intention or another bug that the same
> > thread often appears more than once in the timeout queue?
>
> That would be a bug. Can this be reproduced with a test case?

Hm.  Dunno.  I see them in a thread listing I wrote based on
##sys#all-threads.  (In fact, I'd like to suggest a different interface,
since it's not so easy to see where threads are blocked.  A
##sys#fold-threads would be great.)

A had a shallow read on the code and I believe that at least
thread-terminate will not clean up timeouts.  Unsure about i/o but the
scheduler code uses ##sys#thread-basic-unblock! and I haven't found the
spot where the corresponding timeouts are cleared.  (Same goes for my
bad fd handling code, which is triggered quite often here.)

/Jörg