Re: [Chicken-users] libchicken-static.lib (MSVC) is not static, and one

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libchicken-static.lib (MSVC) is not static, and one more question
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 15:11:28 +0100

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Ivan Shcheklein <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> -- It seems that "libchicken-static.lib" is compiled with /MD[d] compiler
> option. Consequently it requires MSVCR**.DLL. I suppose, /MT[d] option
> should be used for "-static" version of the library.

Thanks, Ivan! I have modified the makefiles and will commit the changes
in a few minutes to trunk (that's chicken 4, if you need this for chicken 3,
then perhaps that attached patch can be used). I can not test this right now,
so please tell me if it doesn't work.

> -- Is it possible to compile "chicken-static.exe" version with current
> Makefile.msvc?

Runnning "make STATCBUILD=1 ..." will build you a statically linked
compiler.