Re: [Chicken-users] freetype egg still being developed?

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] freetype egg still being developed?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:21:52 -0700

Alex Shinn wrote:

Like the subject says ... the latest version of freetype in the main
egg repo is 0.1. Has Alex, or anyone, done anything beyond that? I am
going to need a significant increase in functionality in order to
implement font embedding for the PDF egg I am working on.

What other functionality do you need?

The main thing that I *know about* at the moment is that I need access to metrics without loading the glyphs, which for TrueType and OpenType fonts means accessing the OS/2 table. But I suspect there will be more.

I should mention that I have a very ambitious project in mind, which entails support for complex documents in arbitrary (human) languages, including, especially, CJKV ... so it will be important to avoid any unnecessary glyph loading.

Matt Gushee