[Chicken-users] Foreign pointers in chicken4

From: Alexey Bakhirkin
Subject: [Chicken-users] Foreign pointers in chicken4
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:29:34 +0400

I started porting cairo egg from chicken3 to chicken4 and encountered
the following:
Consider a pointe defned in the egg as follows (you can find the egg
I'm working on here:

(define-foreign-type cairo_t (pointer "cairo_t")
   (cut tag-pointer <> 'cairo))

I found out, that the code which uses this egg fails with
"unbound-variable: tag-pointer" unless it also imports lolevel
Is it a bug or a feature? Or maybe I am doing something wrong?