Re: [Chicken-users] Proposed procedure movement in Chicken 4

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Proposed procedure movement in Chicken 4
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:13:47 -0500

require works but probably require-library in chicken 4 is the nearest
equivalent to "use" in chicken 3.  In chicken 4, use now does
require-library + import, and the import is causing the problem.

As far as modules, as a quick fix you can probably just wrap your
geolib source file (etc.) in (module geolib * (import scheme chicken)
...), so USE will operate as it did in Chicken 3.

Your setup or make file will also need to add "-j geolib" to the csc
invocation and you will need to compile the resulting
geolib.import.scm.

However--if I'm not mistaken, tinyclos is not completely functional,
so you may not be able to move to 4 yet.