Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy Question: handle-not-found

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Spiffy Question: handle-not-found
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:33:48 -0500

On Sun, 2010-02-14 at 18:17 +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 11:39:18AM -0500, Taylor Venable wrote:
> > The Spiffy documentation says about the value of handle-not-found: "It
> > is a procedure of one argument, the path (a string) that was requested."
> > However, it seems that the actual argument is the path, up until the
> > first component which was not found. If root-path does not exist, path
> > is always "/". If root-path does exist, but neither "foo" nor "asdf"
> > exist within it, then path is always "/foo" or "/asdf". That's what it
> > seems to be, anyway; is that the correct behaviour?
>
> If nobody objects, I could change the handler to pass the remaining path
> to (handle-not-found) as a second argument.  Unfortunately this would be
> a backwards-incompatible change, though.  This would be a list of
> remaining path components.

No need to make a breaking change on my account, I've got what I need by
using intarweb and uri-common.  I just noticed an incongruity between my
understanding of the doc and the actual behavior, trying to figure out
which one was "right."

> Recently there have been a few new eggs created for dispatching URIs.
> You might find those interesting:
> http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/4/spiffy-uri-match
>  (or more generally http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/4/uri-match )
> http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/4/uri-dispatch
>
> and a more generic web framework was created as well:
> http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/4/awful
>
> If you prefer simplicity, you could also use Andrew Wright's pattern
> matcher on the uri-path:
> http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/4/matchable

Sweet, these look useful.  Fortunately my app is pretty simple right
now, but if it gets more complicated these will definitely help.

Thanks for the insight.

--
Taylor Venable
http://metasyntax.net/