Re: [Chicken-users] Interfacing to Non-C Languages

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Interfacing to Non-C Languages
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 21:16:22 -0400

Ivan Raikov scripsit:

>   I use the pyffi library to call the UNO functions of OpenOffice from
> Scheme. It works ok since Python is well integrated with C. I am not
> familiar with the C interface of FreeBasic, but you can take a look at
> pyffi to see how it is structured.

FreeBasic uses the gcc toolchain, except that it generates x86 assembly
language suitable for gas(1) rather than C.  It can therefore generate
compatible shared libraries.  Name mangling is compatible with the
C++ ABI if you use Extern "C++" ... End Extern.

So there should be no barriers.

--
By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall     address@hidden
have neither the Ring nor me!  --Frodo          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan