Re: [Chicken-users] qt & dbus eggs

From: Andrei Barbu
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] qt & dbus eggs
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 00:05:06 -0400

>> So OpenGL will work on machines that support it. Sadly the n900 only
>> has OpenGL ES support so the chicken OpenGL egg won't build.
>> I haven't had a chance to look into what's different about the ES
>> version, nor what it would take to port the egg over. I have heard
>> rumors of some OpenGL wrapper that you can build against for the n900,
>> but I haven't found the time to investigate. It's probably a quick
>> port anyway.
>
> Ah, ok. Not a surprise, I can't test on linux since my production
> environment is stuck in the chicken 3.4 world and I dare not break it.
>
> I don't see the word "canvas" in any of the files pulled down from git - does
> the qt canvas widget work yet or do you know if there is some other way to
> draw polygons, lines, that sort of thing?

QCavnas was deprecated with Qt4. QGraphicsScene and QGraphicsView are
the way to go.
That being said, I've been focusing on getting the basic
infrastructure/dbus/networking up and running first. I'd like to add
in bindings for the above, but realistically it won't happen for about
two-three weeks. I don't think there's a way to draw lines right now.
You're welcome to write up the bindings if you want, it should be
straightforward. You can already add in a QGraphicsView from the Qt
Designer, so all you really need are bindings for
QGraphicsView::scene() and then whichever bits of QGraphicsScene
(addLine, addRect, etc) that you want.

Andrei