Re: [Chicken-users] define-macro in chicken 4?

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] define-macro in chicken 4?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 21:50:53 +0200

Dear Alejandro,

* Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden> [100523 21:45]:
> I have some extensions that I would like to migrate to Chicken 4.
> Many of these depend on define-macro.  Does define-macro work in
> Chicken 4?  What's my best option for migrating out of Chicken 3?

Chicken 4 has got a hygienic macro system and thus removed define-macro.
Depending on what you want to do your options are either define-syntax
with syntax-rules or using the low level explicit renaming macro
infrastructure.

Which eggs are you talking about? Maybe this list can give you a
hand in the porting process?

I can feel your pain in the migration progress, chicken 4 has been
around for almost a year now...

Kind regards and all the best,

Christian