Re: [Chicken-users] Qt egg - understanding it

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Qt egg - understanding it
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:06:29 +0200

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:30:59PM -0300, Arthur Maciel wrote:
> Hum... to understand it a little more: why protobj instead of TinyCLOS or
> coops?

Probably because coops didn't exist when it was written and TinyCLOS
has been broken ever since Chicken 4 was released IIUC.

> Is there any advantage of that or it was for the ease of use?

Coops might be the sane choice now we have it.

I don't know if that exists now for coops, but in Chicken 3 there
was an automatic C++ to TinyCLOS class conversion.  This might be
used to automate some of the stuff you've been wondering about.

But then again, I'm just shooting from the hip because I have
absolutely no clue about C++.

Cheers,
Peter
--