Re: [Chicken-users] More on Packaging eggs

From: Jim Pryor
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] More on Packaging eggs
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:57:39 -0400

I'm confused by some of the version numbering in the egg repo. I know
there's no uniform reporting of this in the metadata, but even allowing
for that, these two facts still confuse me.

The peep egg has a tags/ directory. The latest tag is 0.2.2. However
installing peep v.0.2.2 then doing "chicken-status" reports peep at
version 0.3.

The loop egg has a tags/ directory. The only tag is 0.2. However,
installing loop 0.2 then doing "chicken-status" reports loop at version
1.2.

When I say I install peep at v.0.2.2 I mean I do
wget
http://chicken.kitten-technologies.co.uk/henrietta.cgi?name=peep&version=0.2.2

and then manually unchunk the blob it sends me, and then do
chicken-install from the directory I've unchunked to.

Similarly for loop.

I expect doing `chicken-install peep:0.2.2` would give the same
behavior, but I haven't verified that.

--
Jim Pryor
address@hidden