Re: [Chicken-users] IUP egg fails to build

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] IUP egg fails to build
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:15:45 -0600

Hi, Thomas--

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:58 +0200, "Thomas Chust" <address@hidden> wrote:

> you're right, this error message is misleading, I will change it. The IUP
> egg depends on the ffcall library [1] in order to implement event
> callbacks

Thank you. I've installed ffcall, and the previous error has gone away.
However, there is a new problem:

> iup-base.c:15:17: fatal error: iup.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

That's odd. The IUP headers, including iup.h, are all in
/usr/include/iup on my system. I often build programs from source, and
seldom have any missing-header errors for anything in /usr/include. I
wonder if it has something to do with the way I have installed Chicken.
My installation prefix is /opt/chicken; I like to do that with
third-party packages (i.e. those that are not packaged for my
distribution), so I can keep them together in case I want to remove
them. I have been doing this for several versions of Chicken, and have
not had any significant problems with the arrangement, but this is the
first egg I have tried to install with Chicken 4.6.0.

--
Matt Gushee
address@hidden