Re: [Chicken-users] /sbin/ldconfig: not a symbolic link

From: Yi DAI
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] /sbin/ldconfig: not a symbolic link
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:52:01 +0200

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there.
Did you happen to install over an older version of chicken, one which
may have left a remnant there? From your mail, it
sounds like already existed and it was a real file
instead of a symlink, is that correct?

yes and NO. I did install 4.6 over 4.5 for the first time and got the complaint. Then I suspected as you do it was caused by the left from 4.5. Then I tried to reinstall 4.5 from the repos (btw, I am on Arch, in whose repos still lies the older 4.5) and removed it to see if `pacman' (the package manager of Arch) did a bad job. But the answer is NO, it removed everything, no such left in /usr/lib/. Then I built 4.6 and installed it. After the installation, the complaint appeared. An `ls -l /usr/lib/libchicken.*' showed that was **indeed** not a symbolic link to but a real file.