Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Gazette - Issue 10

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Gazette - Issue 10
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:16:34 +0100

Am Montag, den 01.11.2010, 07:21 -0400 schrieb Mario Domenech Goulart:
> Moritz Heidkamp (http://wiki.call-cc.org/users/moritz-heidkamp) has
> created
> the zmq (http://wiki.call-cc.org/egg/zmq) egg, which contains bindings
> for
> the ZeroMQ (http://www.zeromq.org/) library.

This is awful.  I did not even know about zmq before!

It could potentially replace quite a lot of Scheme code in askemos.org .
(and btw: I'm soo glad that we have modules now - otherwise I'd run into
some 80% name conflicts.)

Though one thing I haven't been able to figure out: is there a way
encrypt and sign zmg messages?  Or would I have to add that on top?

/Jerry

NB: I fully subscribe to Peter Hintjens comments about multicore and
RAMS in  http://www.zeromq.org/whitepapers:switch-or-broker
given my recent experiences:

Here you can find a picture of my self made 5 core ARM
http://www.askemos.org/A0babc647c6560d9c2e19d26377830c04
and just yesterday I commented this example code
http://login.softeyes.net/jfw/Kalender?date=Mon,+01+Nov+2010+00:00:07+%
2b0100
which presents the use of a RAMS-sqlite3 from Scheme.
(We'll, I developed/tested it on the WAN-system, not the suitcase.)

OT?  Not exactly: compiled by chicken!!!!