Re: [Chicken-users] sequences egg

From: Alan Post
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] sequences egg
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:37:35 -0700

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:03:44AM -0500, Felix wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I've put together a little library of generic "sequence" operations,
> and would like to get some feedback, since I'm not sure about the
> nomenclature and API. Find it here:
>
>   http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/sequences
>
> And in the repo, usual place. It has a test-suite, but surely contains
> some bugs, and is a bit of a test for the "fast-generic" extension.
>
> Comments, suggestions, rants or critique is welcome.
>
> (I think it needs a very recent chicken, but am not quite sure,
> it may work with older versions)

When I write programs with iterators, I find myself using:

  map
  zip/unzip
  chain
  remove/filter

nearly every time.  I use:

  tee (copy)
  pairwise
  count
  repeat

A fair bit, and I use:

  product
  flatten

from time to time.  These might be known in scheme under different
names, I appologize for not localizing.

One thing I notice missing is that you have linear-sequence and
random-access-sequence, but what about something like a pipe, which
is a linear-sequence with (say) the additional constraint of only
being able to traverse it once?  Similarly, if you had a routine
like repeat, it is a linear-sequence that is non-finite.

-Alan
--
.i ko djuno fi le do sevzi