Re: [Chicken-users] [wish list] chicken-install: show available eggs, up

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [wish list] chicken-install: show available eggs, upgrade all installed eggs?
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:03:41 -0500

On May 5, 2011, at 9:58 AM, William Xu wrote:

> Felix <felix <at> call-with-current-continuation.org> writes:
>> What editor are you using?
>
> Emacs.  You mentioned in the other mail it has no problem with default setup.
> think that may be due to my emacs config then, i will check my config.
> However,
> eliminating use of tabs would still be much better, where the indention will
> be
> the same in all editors.

Hi there,
Try putting the following in .dir-locals.el in the root directory of your git
checkout:

((nil . ((indent-tabs-mode . t)
         (tab-width . 8))))

This will cause your emacs to maintain Felix's indentation conventions when
editing any file under that directory, without changing your preferred defaults.

Jim